AKamp, thanks for replying. I also have a pair of VR-M60s that I use on another setup, and there is a significant difference between them and the M90s. The M60s seem to be so clean even with the Sony STR-DE945 I'm pushing them with, on some things I prefer their sound to that of the M90s. That's why I'm hopeful that I can get the M90s to truly "open up" with the proper setup. I really do like the sound of the VR tweeter that Boston has. I fell in love with it at a local stereo shop in the mid-1990s when I heard it in the VR-20. I'm sure that there are others out there that I'd also love, but this is the best that I've personally heard to this point.

While I appreciate your generous offer to take the M90s off of my hands, I'd feel badly for doing that to you. So I wouldn't be watching for the UPS man too closely. ;-)

[This message has been edited by jeffdavis (edited August 28, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by jeffdavis (edited August 30, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by jeffdavis (edited August 30, 2003).]
LR: ARC Reference 1 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Music Hall MMF2.2 | Oppo BDP-83SE | Polk XRt12 XM Receiver | Emotiva XDA-1 DAC | Sony HAP-S1 (digital audio player) | Sansui TU-217 Tuner | Magnepan 3.6R w/Mye-Stands | SVS SB-16 sub | BA VR-M90s | Audio Quest 72db speaker cable
Office: Drobo 5N running as PLEX media server
Closet: too many pieces to put all into place, I need more rooms smile