Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#3343 - 12/31/02 02:13 PM I have done a search and didn't turn up anything . . .
LarryTT Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Long Island, NY
I am looking for a discrete code for Off for the 1050. I know how to turn the unit on via my Pronto, but I want to be able to send out an Off and not a Power. Power could turn the 1050 On if it were already Off.

When I did a search on "discrete codes" I turned up 3 old threads, none of which had found this answer.

How does one create a discrete code? Is it a matter of ripping apart with trial and error the Power Hex code? Does Outlaw provide this to us if we were to ask?

Thanks.

Larry

#3344 - 12/31/02 04:35 PM Re: I have done a search and didn't turn up anything . . .
zacster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
There is no discrete off for the 1050. The trick is to program an on code, such as Video 1, and then follow it with power on/off. All of the input selection buttons will turn the unit on if not already on, hence a discrete on.

#3345 - 12/31/02 04:50 PM Re: I have done a search and didn't turn up anything . . .
LarryTT Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Long Island, NY
That part I realized. I was hoping that someone had figured out the discrete off.

Do you know how I could go about trying to figure one out?

Thanks.

#3346 - 12/31/02 08:08 PM Re: I have done a search and didn't turn up anything . . .
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
This one is on the outlaw tips and tricks page under the support/faq section.
Power on for macros

There is no discrete on/off.

#3347 - 02/25/06 11:21 AM Re: I have done a search and didn't turn up anything . . .
Cisco Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Eatontown, New Jersey
I am in in the process of programming my MX-700 and would appreciate anyone's feedback on this issue.

I'm at work now and havn't had a chance to test out this theory but from what zacster stated in this thread about creating a discrete on for the 1050, is the following logic sound for creating a discrete off? If all the input selections, ie Video 1, will power the unit on or change sources if already on and not currently on Video 1, wouldn't programming the following macro create a discrete off by selecting the following 1.)Video 1, 2.) PWR. The only negative I can think of would be if the unit were off already it would cycle the power quickly.

#3348 - 02/25/06 11:47 AM Re: I have done a search and didn't turn up anything . . .
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I would agree with your logic, Cisco.

#3349 - 02/27/06 04:14 PM Re: I have done a search and didn't turn up anything . . .
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Yep. That's the kind of thing I did when I programmed my 1050 into my MX-700. I actually created a universal "OFF" command and embedded several different devices to make sure everything turned off the way I wanted. Then I just placed that command on my OFF button. By adding multiple devices, it allowed me to create pauses so things didn't cycle too quickly without actually having to program a pause. That make any sense?

My biggest headache was coming up with a way to turn off my TIVO which doesn't have a discrete off command either. What I ultimately did was program it to go to LIST, and then Left arrow to main screen, then channel down to Standby command, then enter. That way it won't turn it on if it's already off (as TIVO has a tendency to have some delayed reactions). Does anybody have a better way to do this? I'm open to new ideas because this doesn't always work (see the aforementioned delayed reactions). Anyway, by interspersing those commands with ones to address my 1050, TV, DVD player, etc., I'm able to turn off (or on) all my gear with very few "pauses" programmed and rarely have any hiccups leaving components in the wrong state. TIVO is the only device which doesn't always behave and I'd say even that works probably 90% of the time.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 303 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM