Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#33420 - 12/27/04 02:19 PM M200 bottom plate separating
ScottH Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY, USA
I already asked Outlaw's support about this. But I wanted to see if anyone else is having this happen, and if it's something I should be concerned about.

I am moving, so I took apart my HT today, and I was about to pack my 15-month old M200's. I noticed that the bottom plate on the right side of all 7 amps (when looking at them from behind) is coming away from the body of the unit.

I took photographs of the 7 amps, and the worst of the bunch. You can view them:
close up

Here's my summary of the amount of separation on each of the amps:

1 it's hard to notice without pushing the bottom plate. But it does move when pressed.
3 it's visually noticable
1 pretty bowed
1 bowed enough so you can see in the amp
1 worst of the bunch (the one in the photos)

I haven't pushed the amps too hard. And I've never noticed them being more than barely warm. The side that's bowed is near where the toroidal is bolted.

#33421 - 12/27/04 03:54 PM Re: M200 bottom plate separating
Eddie Horton Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Birmingham, Alabama
I have 3 of these for L,C,R duty and none of them show any separation between the bottom plate and the back panel. What was the response from Outlaw C/S?

#33422 - 12/27/04 05:02 PM Re: M200 bottom plate separating
ScottH Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY, USA
I spoke with with Steve at Outlaw.

I was told that the bottom plates are stamped, and because of the space for the terroidal, they actually "want" to curve a little. He suggested (if I felt comfortable going at them with a screwdriver) loosening the three screws along the back of the amp, adjusting the plate and then retightening the screws--but not too tight. This didn't make a much of a difference. Steve offered to replace the worst of the bunch. I haven't decided if it's worth the effort.

I still wonder if this is something that happens with age/use of the M200, as I think I would have noticed it when I set the amps up.

#33423 - 12/27/04 10:39 PM Re: M200 bottom plate separating
musiciseverything Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Missouri
I have 5 M200s. Three are stacked three high. They have not warped and are never hot. I wonder if they warped because of heat? I wonder if it is a problem unique to your units? Good luck!

#33424 - 12/29/04 06:28 AM Re: M200 bottom plate separating
ASTORPIAZZOLA Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

my 7 m-200 are stacked exactly the same way.they are one month old.I've check them rapidly and one of them has the bottom plate a bit seperated in the middle(1/8") but nothing shocking... but it still one more concern in my mind...

keep us informed of what will happen with yours!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 187 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM