Quote:
Originally posted by Bob045:
An air raid siren, of course, what a fine addition that would make. However, that is on the back burner as it is a bit pricey...

I had to send the cambridge soundworks speakers back, so I am back to the "old" system

Polk RTi 6's (2) 125 watt rating per speaker
Polk Rt 15's rear (2) 100 watt rating per speaker
Infinity center channel cc-1 (1) ( sounds great btw) 80 watt rating per speaker

This question is kinda off topic now, but a pair of m200's for the 2 polks ( which are rated at 125 watts ) seems a bit like overkill. I was actually beginning to think of a 7100 for the setup, as the ratings on the speakers is for recommended amplifier power. Opinions/ideas?

I also would like to thank everyone who has responded to this post, you have all been very helpful indeed, and I apologize for the length that this post has grown to!

i, on the other hand, would be hesitant to pair an m200 with a speaker rated to handle only 125wts. especially if its a polk, because they are known for overrating their power handling capabilities a bit. while a 200wt amp only running at 100wts does provide more headroom and better quality than a 100wt amp wide open, you can blow your speakers if you overdrive them. 100wts coming from a 100wt amp is much more damaging for your speakers than 100wts from a 200wt amp tho. so i guess, my hesitation comes from knowing the limit of where you can go as far cranking it up. if you can control yourself and not crank it up "as loud as it can go", then by all means it will be great, but i like to see what my gear can actually take vs what it says it can (within some moderation mind you). just keep that in mind if you have an amp that is more powerful than your speakers.

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.