Indeed very assertive rocks I would think. In regards to those assertive rocks here is another newbie question...

I have a Yamaha reciever rx-v995 rated at 100Wpc x 5. Some time ago I noticed that the power consumption on the back of the reciever is 400W. So the reciever cannot do what it is advertised to do. Since I bought it back in 1998, I learned to live with it. It does handle the center and 2 surrounds just fine.

Now for the question. For the Mains I have a pair of Cambrige Soundworks Tower II's driven by an even older onkyo reciever at 80Wpc (stereo) from the yamaha's pre-outs.
As the speakers are rated at 200w continous maximun, would I be slowly killing them if I connected an M200 amp to the preouts of the yamaha? So the resulting setup would be 2 M200's ( one for each main ) and the yamaha for the center and 2 surrounds. Additionally, since I would then effectively have 200 wpc for the front channels and only 100wpc for the center and surrounds, would the fronts "drown out" the other speakers?

Thanks,

Bob045