I came across this on Audiogon. Has anyone heard of this guy and his mods? Curious about what the Outlaws think of this Mod as well. No, I'm not thinking about buying from him, just caught my eye

OUTLAW AUDIO M-200 Level-1 MODIFICATION

I am happy to announce a full blow modification to the Outlaw Audio M-200 mono block power amplifier. This modification is designed by Chris Johnson, the founder and former president of Sonic Frontiers. The M-200 is a 200 watt mono power amp that offers superb value for the home theater enthusiast at their $600.00 a pair Internet Direct price. We were curious to check them out as the people at Outlaw are friends. These amps would sell for $1000.00 a pair if sold through traditional retailers and not Internet direct. We were delighted to find that the amps were already using fully balanced boards, but were not run balanced. Our mod not only upgrades the most critical Audio circuit parts but we also run them as a fully balaced design. The results blew us away for the money. If you are looing for a quality high power solid state amp with great flexibilty, this may be your ticket. The Modified M-200 puts out 200 watts into 8 ohms and 300 watts into a 4 ohm load. They are great run full range, balanced or single ended, as well as a killer way to biamp power hungry speakers. The following details our Level-1 mod on a pair of amps:

a) We Install eight “large” EAR brand SORBOTHANE isolation feet.

b) Four sheets of SOUNDCOAT chassis damping material are cut & applied where applicable to the internal chassis.

c) We install a pair of VAMPIRE CM-1F/CB copper body, direct gold-plated RCA input jacks

d) We install a pair of Neutrik XLR input connectors…as well as giving amp the ability to run in fully balanced mode (save $50.00 per amp if you do not want to have it set up for balanced operation)

e) Four AURICAP "signal path" metallized polypropylene coupling capacitors

f) Ten BLACK GATE Coupling, Bypass and Power supply capacitors

g) Twelve AUDIO NOTE Tantalum ˝ and one watt "signal path" film resistors

h) Installation of DH LABS Revelation Series pure 99.99% silver Teflon-insulated input wire

i) Eight IR HEXFRED ultra-fast soft recovery diodes are added to the power supply

j) TRT WonderSolder used throughout

k) The mod takes 6 hours labor for the pair of amps.

SONIC CHANGES of LEVEL 1 MODIFICATION ARE AS FOLLOWS:

It is much Quieter.... The Silences are BLACKER...thus, resolving more low level Detail, ambience retrieval & three dimensionality.

The amp is much smoother throughout the midrange. The solid state edge is gone.

There is less high frequency grain and the highs are extended. There is also more high frequency detail without adding any solid state hardness.

Bass is cleaner with more weight and authority. Bass definition is also improved and it no longer is congested with one note bass. The Bass also seems to extend much lower.

The soundstage is bigger and more three-dimensional.

Price: The modification to your amps is $450.00 each or $800.00 for a set of 2 amps ($700.00 in single ended mode)

A new amp with the Level-1 mod is $750.00 ea. or $1390.00 for a new pair of balanced Mono amps. Subtract $50.00 per amp ($100.00 for a pair) for single ended versions so a new pair of single ended amps will be $1290.00 + freight.

There is a one year warranty on the Modified unit if purchased new thru us. Modified customers units will have a 90 day warranty on all wotk performed.

The M-200 is also a killer match with our newly modified Quad QC-24 tube preamplifier.

Call Wally at 770-667-5633 for info and to order.

I accept Visa and MasterCard. GA residents add 7% sales tax.

Specs on the Stock model are as follows:

Power Output: 200 watts @ 8 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, <0.05% THD; 300 watts @ 4 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, <0.05%

THD Signal to Noise: 112 dB "A" weighted

Input Impedance: >10K Ohms

Gain: +27dB (1.7V sensitivity) for full output

Input Connectors: RCA Jack

Output Connectors: Five-Way Binding Posts

Power Consumption: 600 watts maximum/<3 watts standby

Trigger Input: 6-35 V DC 4mA

Weight: 18 pounds

Dimensions (H/W/D):1.75" x 17" with feet x 11.5"

Check out our new website at: www.underwoodhifi.com