Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#3285 - 12/28/02 09:17 AM Hopeful ??????
Ducktape Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I finally decided to purchase the 1050 based on many things said here and other reviews elsewhere. I'm sure it's going to be great considering I'm upgrading from a Phillips HTIB fr965 system (my first system) I got on ubid for $68. But, and theres always a but right? I placed my order Dec. 20th and was very happy as I clicked the send button on the order page (happy because I knew I was finally going to recieve a gift for christmas that I wanted)The next day I recieved a email telling me that my CC did not match my shipping address. This is true because I had just moved into my new place just a month before and did not want to change my billing address until the 1st of the year, due to all the checks and charges I had out there for christmas and so. I told them they can just ship the product to the billing address as it is my parents place and I could pick it up there. Happy but not for long. Another email and more confussion. Now my card did'nt match my billing address. This was impossible, I had just places an order with Amozon for a few test discs and a big order for my new AR HC6 speakers. So I decided to call, no answer and it's the weekend so I'd have to wait til Monday. I left a message and first thing Mon. morn I got a call from Scott, very impressed, I did'nt think they were going to call I figured I'd have to call back. Anyways after our talk it seems that everything was fixed and once again I was happy, but the order would not be able to be placed untill the 26th, the shipping department was out until then, oh well no biggie. The 26th, I recieve a call from Mike, says they are still having problems with my CC and billing address, one more time we go through it and wah la, he figures out the problem, typo on their part. Happy days are here again. Just checked the ups tracking # just to see that things are fine, UH OH, street address is right but city and zipcode are wrong! Just got off the phone with UPS, said I would have to wait untill the product reach a point of destination as it is in transit right now and nothing can be done until it comes to rest at the next facility. So it loks as for now that I will be sitting checking my UPS tracking # like it was a stock market ticker and hopfully get this all straightened out. It would be a shame to have someone else recieve my goods, as a outlaw would say "men have been shot for lesser things..." Oh well. I'll report back if any new entanglements expose themselves.

#3286 - 12/28/02 11:16 AM Re: Hopeful ??????
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Shipping can be a real pain sometimes, but hang in there -- you'll have your 1050 soon...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#3287 - 12/31/02 05:30 PM Re: Hopeful ??????
Ducktape Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Still waiting to hear from UPS, starting to get mad now.GRRRRRRRRRRR

#3288 - 01/02/03 02:00 PM Re: Hopeful ??????
CBWills Offline
Gunslinger

Ducktape,
I think you'll be really happy with the AR HC6. I know they were a big improvement over the system I had previously.
Let us know what you think when you get your system together.

#3289 - 01/02/03 03:28 PM Re: Hopeful ??????
charlie Offline
Desperado

Just a few things to look at during your 30 days:

- I have problems with the s-video switcher clipping on my 1050, but many don't. Be sure to test s-video during the 30 days - I didn't.

- The volume knob on my unit behaves oddly. Didn't really use it much until after the trial was up.

- Some folks have issues with the digital inputs. I don't, but again be sure you try this thoroughly before you're committed.

Charlie

#3290 - 01/03/03 09:06 PM Re: Hopeful ??????
Ducktape Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks for the advice Charlie, I will definitely check things out. As a matter of fact the reason I came back in here was to put up another post asking what kind of problems are most common with the 1050. The reason why I wanted to know is because at this very minute my reciever is sitting in a UPS warehouse only a few miles from me and was out on the road with a driver all day. This is due in part to Outlaw messing up my shipping address. So who knows how this UPS driver drives ya know. I know that if anything is wrong with it Outlaw will ship another one, but I hope nothings wrong cause I waited long enough. So you can bet I will be running that 1050 thru it's paces. As for the AR HC6's, I've got them hooked up to my old Phllips digital reciever. I really love them, they sound great. I almost bought the Energy Takes (I was able to audition them at a local dealer), but as for some of us money is a bit of a concern. So I decided to shop around a little. I did the usual and read reviews, checked prices and decided that for the money the AR's are my best choice (although there is'nt a dealer anywhere close to me that stocks them so I could'nt test them, and return them if I did'nt like them). I was suprised when I got'em, they are beautiful, much better quality then any speaker in thier prce range and add another $600 to that. The sound was just as nice and sweet as the apperance, damn glad I got'em. And heres the BUT again, sub has an auto shut off and during passages when there isn't need for low end, it shuts off and makes a audible thump noise. Now I'm not the pickiest person, and might be able to live with this, but only if I can not find a cure first. Later on down the road I might just replace it with a Velodyne. Thanks again for all the posts.

#3291 - 01/07/03 05:12 PM Re: Hopeful ??????
Ducktape Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Finally got the 1050 after 2 1/2 weeks of waiting. I could'nt have hooked it up faster!
once up and running I was shocked at how well this thing sounds. Now I truely understand why everyone on here raves about this thing. I have a few guys from work stopping buy this weekend to check it out and watch the ball game. I am very confident that some if not all will be online putting thru thier orders. Even though I had to wait for as long as I did it was worth it in the end. Well, got to run, goin to tinker with it.

#3292 - 01/07/03 10:04 PM Re: Hopeful ??????
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
stopping buy this weekend to check it out and watch the ball game.
Talking to Florida today, over a (possible) bad HD STB or Dish can't get it together.
The Satelite guy said he was swamped with new orders for setting up HD the last two weeks.
He said the reason, "The football game"
seems like many men are buying new toys for that day!

Glad you got yours in time for the game!!!.
Have fun.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 239 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM