Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#32837 - 01/30/03 10:17 PM What happened to the Model 200 contest?
JRostis Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Chicago
I was planning on getting a model 200 or two, however I have been waiting to hear about the results of the model 200 contest. I believe I had guessed the product correctly, so I have been waiting to make my purchase in the chance that I have won a unit, or at the very least get half off on a model 200 as was described in the newsletter.

Any news on this? Thanks!

#32838 - 01/30/03 11:11 PM Re: What happened to the Model 200 contest?
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
I have been enjoying my free model 200 as well as the one I bought for almost two weeks. I want to thank the outlaws for their generosity. They replaced a pair of Marantz MA500's in my system. I would have kept the model 200's in my system even if I had paid full price for both. With one free, it was not even a consideration. These are great sounding and performing amps.

BTW I had won for my comical guess.

[This message has been edited by morphsci (edited January 30, 2003).]

#32839 - 01/31/03 12:23 AM Re: What happened to the Model 200 contest?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
From the November newsletter:

Quote:
Now that you know what the Model 200 is, everyone who submitted the correct guess is part of a drawing for a free Model 200. We'll notify the winner directly in a few days. Everyone else who guessed correctly will receive a "runner up" prize in the form of a 50% discount off the Model 200's price.

The second part of the contest was to come up with the best "fun description" of what you thought the Model 200 would be. The Outlaws have selected "JasonA" as the winner with his entry that went far above the call of duty to literally sketch out his answer. Check his message in the Saloon for the details. To be honest, JasonA's entry was so far over the top that we decided to award a second "fun" category amp to "MorphSci", just to prove that the Outlaws DO have a sense of humor.

Aside from morphsci, I don't recall who else won. Since you did guess a monoblock but haven't heard, I suspect that you are at least eligible for half price on one but didn't win the drawing. You might want to give 'em a call and see what's up.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#32840 - 01/31/03 08:27 AM Re: What happened to the Model 200 contest?
Bob-O Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: St Louis MO
The outlaws did honor the half off from the contest. But I had to ask about it first. Since I guessed correctly, I got one model 200 at $149.

But.. I have not heard it hooked up to my sub yet. My GF convinced me to move sub to the back. Now I need a 20 foot interconnect. Has anyone tried Cobalt Cable? I can not find any reviews on them.

#32841 - 01/31/03 10:32 AM Re: What happened to the Model 200 contest?
jamesguthrie Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Maple Grove, MN, USA
I also got an M200 for $149, based on a correct guess. When I asked the Outlaws how to order so that the correct price was charged (half off), they instructed me to make a note about my correct guess in the "comments" section of the order form.

My credit card was charged appropriately.

However, I also seem to recall being told I had to pre-order by 12/31/02 to get the half off price. I would contact Outlaw directly to see if this is true, or if I'm remembering incorrectly.

#32842 - 01/31/03 06:33 PM Re: What happened to the Model 200 contest?
Oil Can Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shelbyville, KY, USA
I guessed correctly, but had not heard anything. I called Scott and asked about the contest. He verified that I had guessed correctly. His instructions were to call the Outlaw sales line, order my M-200, and to tell them I had guessed correctly. The process went smoothly. I am now waiting for my bonus, or my tax refund (which ever comes first) to order another M-200, and a 950. I'm going to miss my 1050, I'm sure I can find it a good home when the time comes.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 246 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM