After all, from the responses
Lawdawg, I don’t think any were doubting the condition just posting feedback generated by the query with some stream of thought on what could be causative for described issue.

I know I’ve felt a tad odd at times repeatedly posting feedback that I had no major issues with my original 950 which had displayed discernable levels of hiss to me on first acquisition, (yet- not to some (deaf?) guinea pigs I rousted for help in the neighborhood). Resultantly becoming to all intents hiss-less, with some tweaking I did and the addition of higher sensitivity, broader frequency range capable, speaker upgrade. But I posted regardless when that topic arose due to whatever value my experience’s could impact on the discussion, that (for me) I was able to cumulatively tweak and upgrade hiss out of my system. (Theorizing that if these actions could impact my system, - it might be beneficial to others possibly dealing with related issues). Although at times I’m sure it just frustrated some to hear so.

When many post…”I don’t have the issue”….I think there just trying to add to the baseline collective experiences of owners, and tally in numbers of whom don’t experince or try to add thoughts on whatever possible resolutions or detective type think tanking on what could generate the issue ….or possibly fix it.
Thanks for posting ‘the fix’ which worked for you.

I’m debating right now ordering another 770, - or a 750 optioning adding the 200’s to it, at a later date. Or waiting to see how the ‘little brother’ of the 770 pans out. So I appreciate seeing feedback from all owners of these products.

The damp plywood was a great visual,- I’ve seen what that can look like, although worse when solid boards twist!

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited February 04, 2003).]