Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#32707 - 01/16/03 02:28 PM Re: Bi-amping?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
The author in the Cary link is referring to the "parallel-amping" I was referring to in my above post, not true bi-amping.

I think he is _really_ off the mark comparing the concept of bi-amping to what a PA system _sounds like_. Bi-amping is no more likely to make your home theater sound like a PA system than using race gas in your car is likely to make it capable of going 200 miles per hour. He obviously heard a bad example of bi-amping, that make his "ears ring". I'm sorry, but to put it mildly, he is "uninformed".

I was not saying that everybody needs to drop everything and go to bi-amping. It is for those who like to tinker that things like bi-amping is useful. It was food for thought.

#32708 - 01/16/03 11:35 PM Re: Bi-amping?
eurorom Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: El Paso Texas
I agree with soundhound,I am Bi-amping my front main speakers using an electronic cross over,to my ears it sounds more dynamic,less conpression,and I will not burn my tweeters(compression drivers) if my low -end(bass) amp clipps.If you are going to go the Bi-Amping route,do it with an outboard electronic cross-over;you will hear the DIFFERENCE........

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 260 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM