Thanks for the reply. Since I am work now I will have to double check then, but for now this is what I tried this morning . . .

I tried the VCR and didn't get any sound. I moved the DVD cable on the 1050 from the DVD input to the Video 03 input and still don't get any sound. I tried the CD player and am getting sound.

With the DVD in either source; DVD or Video 03 I was playing the DVD, seeing it on screen and the TV was configured to have the speakers off. I was cycling through every possible setting on the 1050 I could find with each and every button.

I am using RCA plugs, not the digital audio/Fiber cables. Is that what you meant by digital? I don't think you did.

I am looking at the manual now, it says when using the DVD input on the 1050 to use the Opt2 on the digital selector. I tried Opt1, Opt2 and I think the other choice is Coax? This is from memory. lol

I will give it another shot tonight when I get home.

Is it normal not to get any sort of Warranty card with the unit? I know it has a 2 year warranty, but shouldn't I be filling something in for this?

Larry