Does anybody else out there get a buzz while using the LFE output hooked up to a powered subwoofer? I'm currently getting a pretty loud buzz when using the 5.1 direct input or that matter, any input that isn't sending information to the sub channel. I know what I'm typing isn't quite making sense, so please try to follow.

When I turn on my 1050, it thinks (hehe, thinking...)for a second then clicks on. (On a side note here, that click also produces a slight pop in my speakers.) After the click, it seems to search for a source. If it finds my DVD connection, using the coax input, it's happy, i.e. no noise. If I switch it to the 5.1 direct input to listen to a SACD, my subwoofer starts buzzing. If I try different inputs; the subwoofer stops the buzzing as soon as I select another input, the 1050 looks, finds nothing, and then the subwoofer begins to buzz again. Even weirder, the subwoofer will continue to buzz through a multi-channel SACD that IS sending subwoofer information.

My original thinking was either a bad connection, electrical interference, bad cable or something like that. But, none of those explain why I don't get a buzz when playing a DVD. It seems to me like the 1050 sends the buzz when it's not using the subwoofer output. But, that doesn't explain the buzz produced when the subwoofer IS working during a multi-channel SACD.

Ok, I admit it, I'm lost!!

Here's my signal path for some further info.
Sony DVP-NS500V - 1050 - shielded 3' Y cable - L/R line inputs on a Parts Express subwoofer amp - short speaker cable run to inputs on sub.

If somebody out there has any idea, please, please share it with me. This buzz is truly annoying!!