Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#31378 - 09/11/07 02:52 PM Re: My 2150 Arrived Today!
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
FYI tru blu. OneCall's return policy isn't so good. If you don't like them, you have 30 days, but they take 15% of the cost from you. Ouch.
Hey Hooff, Vinyl Addict. Just remembered the above info from a fellow Outlaw last year when I was looking for my NHTs. Just something to consider…

#31379 - 09/14/07 01:43 AM Re: My 2150 Arrived Today!
VinylAddict Offline
Gunslinger

Man.... I've got my LFM-2 dialed in now and I've just got to say that the RR2150 / NHT Classic Three / LFM-2 combo is just freakin' stellar!!!!

In my room, a 60hz setting on the bass management of the RR2150 and a hair past the 12:00 position on the LFM-2 (around 1:00) did the trick. The LFM-2 totally disappears and the added bass weight is un-flippin'-believable.

I'm spinning an original green-label pressing of Black Sabbath with an AT-440MLa cartridge right now and my jaw is literally dropping at how good this thing sounds...

up next - I've got to spin some Miles or Coltrane....
Outlaw RR2150 Receiver · KAB-mod'd SL1200MK2 Turntable · AudioTechnica AT-440MLa & AT-130E Cartridges · Tascam CD-RW900 CD Recorder · Lite DAC-AH DAC · DB Systems Subsonic Filter · KEF IQ-3 Monitors · Outlaw LFM-2 Subwoofer · AudioQuest Cables

#31380 - 09/17/07 05:19 AM Re: My 2150 Arrived Today!
hooff Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, TX
Yep Tru Blu: One Call's return policy certainly makes me wanna say "ouch." I double checked NHT's website and they do indeed list listenup.com as an authorized dealer (along with those other two). Anyway, unless I'm missing something, listenup.com has the superior return policy. I called them up and they confirmed said policy. smile But I'm gonna wait to purchase the Three's (NOT getting them on credit).

Anyhoo, I'll bide my time till I can audition them. Damn you delayed gratification.

#31381 - 09/20/07 10:34 PM Re: My 2150 Arrived Today!
Sweet Spot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY
Man VA, sounds very inspiring ! Wish I could hear your setup....

As far as what I listen to "the most". That's really (surprise, surprise) a tricky question. If you were to look at my CD collection, you'd think the answer would be classical, followed by Jazz, then blues and finally a mixture of modern alternative (Radiohead and Interpol being my favorite mainstream type of music) and miscellaneous stuff. I really can't stand most country but love guys like Junior Brown for their musical ingenuity etc..

However, a lot of my listening happens via my iRiver IHP or iPod through my current receiver/RCA input, and my musical choices are mainly limited by the amount of hard drive space I have, as well as what music I find appropriate for when I travel on the train/bus/whatever. A lot of that is mostly rock, with some Jazz and hardly classical because I don't have my IEM's anymore, and trying to listen to a nice, quiet piece on the MTA is almost impossible to do.

I imagine though, once I get my system set up "proper like", my listening habits will change, and I'll listen to a lot of Jazz and Classical, but will certainly not ditch my Radiohead... I know, I know. That really doesn't help, does it ! ?

#31382 - 09/21/07 01:33 AM Re: My 2150 Arrived Today!
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Well, I listen to a wide variety of stuff also (right this second it's räi, pop music from North Africa; before that an 180 gram pressing of Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures). This receiver/speaker combo has yet to meet a type of music it doesn't like.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
0 registered (), 187 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM