Thanks for sharing your setup, Videodrome. Yes, such a report would be elusive, I knew that - but I'm not the only completely insane person out in the world. Maybe I was just looking for some company!

Background to this question: I previously had two systems, one in a dedicated room (Helikon/Immedia/Herron phono stage, line stage, M150 amps/Audio Physic Virgos & Luna sub) keeping nearly 3000 records company, and one in our living room (Denon 03D/Rega P3/RR2150/Audio Physic Steps). Because I have a family, the system in the dedicated room was very under-utilized and so was the room, whereas my wife's interior design business was taking over the dining room. Upshot: time to pull the plug on the back room system so my wife could have a reasonable place to work. I moved the Immedia w/Helikon and the Luna sub up to the front room and hooked them up to the Outlaw.

So yes a comparable experience might be hard to come by but I figured I would ask anyway.

Now to bring this to a close, I decided that I was not ready to sell the phono stage just yet, and the need to clean up the house for a big party we were throwing caused me to go ahead and put the Herron in anyway. I was fortunate in that one of the people coming to the party came early and volunteered to help so it went faster than I thought.

Now keep in mind I was fairly happy with the Helikon/Immedia hooked straight into the RR2150. It handled the Helikon's low output just fine (but then the previous cartridge I used was also LO). One LP into this crazy experiment and I can tell you one thing for sure: the Outlaw is *not* as much of a weak link as you might think! Every time I upgrade the front end hardware the system improvements are clearly audible. The Ferrari is not racing the Honda, its *towing* it and the good news is that the Honda is not holding it back much. I had a similar experience when I upgraded the SACD player from the $130 Sony off-the-shelf to the heavily modded ES222 that I brought out of the back room.

So call me crazy, nobody would start out putting together a system like this - it just grew like Topsy - but having it I am enjoying the music quite a bit!