Hard to believe that no one has compared the two phono sections. Nothing much to report on this end except that the RR 2150 coupled with my new turntable is sweet, indeed.

Maybe what I'm about to ask is a subject for another section of the forum, but since I've purchased several LPs in the last couple of days—both used and new—I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good, but relatively inexpensive vinyl-cleaning solution or system. Among other things, I found a handsome-looking (and sounding) Edith Piaf double LP called The Definitive Piaf. On first glance you'd think it was one of those old Time/Life packages with a booklet and everything, except it was put out by Capitol/EMI. Can't seem to find out exactly how old it is, but on the back it has the following:
Quote:
This monophonic microgroove recording is playable on monophonic and stereophonic phonographs. It cannot become obsolete. It will continue to be a source of outstanding sound reproduction, providing the finest monophonic performance from any phonograph.
Anyway, they certainly weren't lying…