"Something that doesn't annoy or offend" . . . That's a good reference for me also Roger.

At this price range(<$1000) there was something offensive about every unit I have tried, including Marantz,NAD, Denon, Yamaha,Onkyo,Sony and Harman Kardon..... all due to their sound. The RR2150 has been an exception.

The only flaw I have found in the RR2150 so far is adjusting the volume using the remote. Using the control on the reciever is fine, but with the remote it is almost unusable . With headphones it is impossible to make small adjustments. It seems like the adjusments are anywhere between +3db and +6db per tap of the remote.... and that's if you have good reflexes! Using the remote is like Morse Code or something...... you have to use a combo of micro taps and macro taps to try to get to the desired level. If I had to rely on the remote to adjust it, I probably could not keep the unit. Luckily I do not, but I sure feel for those that do confused Just because the unit is labelled "retro" , shouldn't mean the remote volume adjustment needs to be inferior to about every product out there today. Yes, that's harsh ..... but honest. A linear volume control would work better, and I would gladly pay extra for it, and it would not take away any of it's "retro-ness".

-Garth