No insult was intended - I'm just trying to help troubleshoot a situation that seems out of place in light of feedback from other sources (awards from Stereophile and Absolute Sound, comments from other owners, and the like), and as part of that I was trying to understand the specific circumstances. My interest in the RR2150 is pretty limited: I don't have one, don't have a place to use one, and haven't heard one, but I spend a lot of time around the saloon and tend to keep as up to speed as I can on what is happening around here. Your experience with the 2150 seemed to not fit with the typical reaction, so I thought it would help everybody involved (you, me, Outlaw, other readers) to understand exactly what your setup was. Call it a side effect of being an engineer and of having done a bit too much building commissioning and systems trouble-shooting, but I always start out with the most basic assumptions and make sure nothing's wrong there (whether it's with a person online about whom I know nothing, a friend I know well, or me and my own system). Obviously no product is going to be an ideal fit for every person, but the crowd around here can usually offer some useful feedback to make sure that disappointment or problems don't come from avoidable setup problems.

Not to harp on the issue (as I tune my harp...), but when you say that all four subs acted the same way, did they all bypass both the crossover and the sub trim? Or was it that you had trouble in general integrating all four subs with your main speakers? If it was the former, did you try setting the crossover as high as it would go and leaving it in the loop?