Thanks for the quick reply 73Bruin. Let me restate the layout for a better idea of what I am contemplating.

My new home has two main rooms. The HT room is still in the renovation phase, while the living room is being polished off with a great 2.1 system. I am looking mainly for that 2.1 reciever.

The reason I am considering the Marantz SR 4400 is the fact that for $400 I can get a 6.1 DTS capable, nice looking unit that I can evetually migrate downstairs when it is finished. It will work just fine in the living room and satisfy my two desires - great sound supporting 2.1, and great looks (silver); either way it's full of options.

My mental battle starts with my considering the cost increase by going with outlaw, and the potential expansion options I have with the marantz. I realize that the marantz is not USB and that would be a nice option, but for now the $600 price tag is really hitting my budget hard and I can't find justification for the outlaw despite it's absolute great rep in the industry thus far. I am looking for the details that I may be overlooking to sway me to investing in a install and leave outlaw 2.1. IE: better tuner technology, amp pureness, sub control, All of you have heard/seen this item and I have not. But for the $200 difference, I need some great reasons to wait.