Before I (or perhaps we) can help, it might be useful, if you stated both your short and long term goals with respect to HT in your living room. For example, is a 2 channel system with sub intended to be the end point or just a stopping point on the way (perhaps a couple of years away on the way to a 5.1 system)?

If your primary objective is to maximize the HT experience, I strongly recommend that you not stop at a 2.1 type system. I have found that each increment of adding additional speakers (and processing technology) has added substantially to the overall experience. As background, I started out in the early 80's running a Sony Betamax 2700 stereo vcr through my system. I then added equipment to decode the early tv stereo broadcasts and feed it into my all separates audio system. I have been listening to all of my TV/video in HT mode ever since.

FWIW, you may want to look at getting a used 1050. I would recommend it for everything but Dolby 5.1 at which point I would suggest getting a sixth speaker and using its 6.1 capability.
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra