suffolk112000

I do not think that the current capacity will be a problem for reasons discussed previously in other threads. The 20 AMP and the 15 AMP ratings are continuous operation ratings as I understand it. Both devices can pass much higher transient currents (as seen in music and soundtracks). My sense from reading those prior posts is that your ears would not survive continuous full output of your 770 even with inefficient speakers.

See:

http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000090#000000

Keta said:

his question dedicated of 15 or 20 amp circuits seems to come up quite frequently and I hope some of these numbers help explain why most do not have a problem running everything in a HT setup off of a single 15 amp circuit.

Circuit breakers are not an absolute when it comes to their rating. Consider this..... A 15 amp breaker will carry a CONTINUOUS load of
15 amps (1800 watts) indefinitely
16 amps (1920 watts) for 15 minutes
19 amps (2280 watts) for 1 minute
50 amps (6000 watts) for 2 seconds
64 amps (7680 watts) for 1 second
90 amps (10,800 watts) for .5 seconds

This just shows why the breakers are not tripping every time a 770 charges its capacitors on startup. Our audio equipment also does not present a continuous current load like a toaster or welder, which makes the demand easier on the circuit.
Has anyone ever tripped a 15A breaker from listening to a movie or song to loud? I doubt it.