Hi. New to this board but it looks like it is populated with helpful contributors. Am considering retiring my Denon 5800 receiver (7 channel rated at 170 wpc - lots of processing modes but no Dolby Prologic II). Has been a good performer for me (left separates a few years ago - wife likes the lack of clutter), but have read so many good things about the Outlaws (I own the ICBM unit and am very pleased with it). I am thinking about going with the 950/770 rig. First, I will not ask which is better. This is way to subjective a comparison for such a simple answer. However, any opinions on the sound of the Outlaw combo vis a vis Home Theater would be appreciated. I use my system primarily for movies, and seldom for "pure" audio. I need good clarity and definition in the center channel and I love tight bass with punch.

Current system is Denon 5800; Outlaw ICBM; Mirage OM-5s in front; Mirage HTS center channel; Mirage omnipolar surrounds with 2 rear channel (comparable to the Mirages) direct radiating speakers for effects channels; Mirage BPS 400 LF channel subwoofer, Velodyne powered sub (150 watts) which is wired to the center channel Mirage; Sony DVP ES 9000 for DVD; Pioneer DV45A for SACD and DVD-A; Bijou Home Theater 5.1 EQ; Mitsubishi 65611 65" WS Rear Projection TV.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Mike
Mirage HDT Speaker System (LCR [OM-5s for L&R and HDT-F for center], SR, SL, SBR, SBL [HDT-Rs])
Dual SVS PB12-Plus Subs
Outlaw Audio Model 7900 Power Amp w/Dual Emotiva CMX-2
AudioControl BijouTM THX� Equalizer
Rega RP1 Turntable
Dual Panamax M5300-PM Power Conditioners
Dual Monster Power HTS 2500 Power Conditioners
Dual Monster Power HDP 1800 Power Conditioners
Clearplay Blu-ray Player
Motorola VIP1200 HD cable receiver
Logitech Harmony Elite Remote