Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#2893 - 09/26/02 08:42 PM Connecting Remote Speakers
Calhoun Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I sent this question directly to Outlaw but have not heard back yet - wondering if anyone out there has any thoughts or ideas for me???

"My being a happy owner for the last year or two of the 1050 is being compromised as I was attempting to hook up auxiliary sets of speakers in another room and outside of our house. My initial thought was simply to connect a speaker selection box to a "B" speaker post that most amps have. I quickly discovered there is no such thing as a "B: post on the 1050 and am wondering what options I have? Temporarily, I have the speaker selection box in between the speakers and the inputs for the front and left channel and then those main speakers as one option on the speaker selection box but I have to turn the volume WAY up to get a decent volume remotely, which blows anyone out of the main room. Ay ideas how I can accomplish this?

I've thought about using a second amp to power the auxiliary speakers - wondering if there is another output option on the 1050 I could use to send the CD/radio/DVD signal to the second amp (so I can control the volume of the remote speakers via the second amp) on to the remote speakers via the speaker selection box tied to the second amp???

any ideas would be greatly appreciated???"

thanks...

#2894 - 09/28/02 07:54 PM Re: Connecting Remote Speakers
zacster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I think you can use the pre-amp outs from the Outlaw to feed another amp. The internal amp is not cut off when they're used.

For volume matching I'm not so sure. I think any trim control done on the Outlaw is on the pre-amp signal, so it would apply to both amps. I think you may need to match the Outlaw's power rating with the other amp, unless it has a volume matching pot built in.

#2895 - 10/30/02 11:31 PM Re: Connecting Remote Speakers
SteveW Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Oreange County, CA
I want to do the same and am considering this - I posted a similar questions on the speakers section with no comments yet...

http://www.nilesaudio.com/products/speaker_selection_volume.html

SW

#2896 - 11/05/02 10:47 AM Re: Connecting Remote Speakers
Shaster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Miami Florida, USA
Calhoun, To answer your question, yes a slave amp would be your best bet, actually a slave cheapy reciever with a SPS/HDL/SVL selector box would be even better, that would give you the ability to listen to a different source in the other areas of your house, and not effect the Theater room at all, If you would like to call me here at Niles, Tech Support I (Kelly) would be happy to go over it with you..1-800-BUY-HIFI(289-4434)ext. 115. OH, and thanks for the post SteveW....And this message goes out to all with questions about multi-zone questions, I'd be happy to assist all of my fellow Outlaw enthusiasts....Oh and you to Scott, LOL!!!

------------------
Shaster

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 2
scoooter 2
Veeper 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics