Still a little confused so I thought I would just ask. I just hooked up my new Oppo 983H to my 950 with the coaxial connection. If I am hooked up this way, what I am understanding is that the bass management switch should be in down position since it only applies to analog out. Is this a correct assumption? When I had my Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai hooked up, I had my speakers set to small since the Outlaw manual said that was probably the safest bet if unsure about your speakers and bass. I'm asking because I am running my Sony BDP-550 through to 950's analog outs and my speakers are set to large with the bass management switch in the up position. Everything sounds fine except that sometimes, not very often, I will hear a subtle crackling sound in my center speaker and was worried about damage (which I did once when I played a DTS demo disc with the volume turned up too high) if my settings were wrong. I hear it usually when playing a dvd, like last night when watching Altered States, heard it a number of times mainly when there was some heavy bass being played. thanks for your infinite patience and wisdom.