I am most certain that I will need to send my Outlaw in for servicing (out of warranty, of course). Before I do, I thought I would let you all know what is going on and perhaps you can let me know what I can expect to spend on the service.

The first thing that I noticed was that a couple of the optical inputs started to act up (as in, they would work at first, but then lose the signal lock and get confused). This happened with two of the inputs, so I know it isn't a bad cable or component.

The second problem is that I am getting an intermittent crackling sound that increases when I use more electricity (such as when I plug in a vacuum cleaner somewhere in the house). Its as if the electrical interference is getting into the Outlaw circuitry. Its possible that this problem is elsewhere in my HT setup, but pretty unlikely, since it started at the same time as the other issue and occurs regardless of the input source.

So, I think I don't have much choice but to send it in. Any idea of what Outlaw charges for repairs?

Thanks!