Gonk-

For instance, at the beginning of Shrek 3 in the dinner theater scene, all of the dialog is in the center and I hear nothing. Switching 950 to the coaxial 1 brings up the disk’s Dolby 3/2. I realize that is all the DVD has but it seems to me it should also be available from the 6 bypass analogs.

There is a chance that by starting the DVD as coax and switching to the 6 bypass may be a work around. It did on one occasion.

This is but week 3 of my OPPO Blu-ray life and this other layer of set up steps is frustrating.

“I haven't tried it in a while, but I thought you could use the front panel input button and the up/down buttons to scroll through all the inputs, including 7.1 Direct. Am I remembering that incorrectly?”

I’ll have to fiddle with that; the inputs scroll through all but the 6. There is a bypass button I use with my phono preamp but it doesn’t report the 6, just stereo.

The surrounds follow the center channel, or at least the LR does. One channel of my 755 amp died a while back and dang thing is so massive I haven’t been able to get it out of the house for someone to look at is.

Thanks for your interest.

System
BDP-83
Outlaw 950, Outlaw 755, Magnepan MG1.6QR left and right speakers
Magnepan MMG C center channel
Outlaw LFM-1 subwoofer
Ancient Dynaco rear channel speakers
Sony KDL-52XBR6 LCD television