You have gone above and beyond, I really appreciate it. I have already done exactly as you suggested before ever coming to the saloon though. It doesn't want to give you Dolby D. Movies I have watched before that always went straight to Dolby D no longer show it in the prompt. I scroll through but it wont offer Dolby D. After messing with it for a while, it finaly shows Dolby D, But no sound comes out of the center channel or the two surrounds.

As stated previously, teh 5.1 works with CD in stereo 5. It just wont do it for a movie???

I do wonder if its the player because I seem to remember noticing Its only showing 2/0.0 I will check today at lunch time.

Ok checked, once the movie starts it shows Dolby D 3/2.1 But no sound still from the center or surrounds. the background music is all that is heard. I tried two more movies and tried switching a CD in between...no luck. tried shutting it down and even unplugging for a few minutes then trying again....no luck.