Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#28528 - 12/04/06 11:20 AM New user question
brianstucka Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Barrington, Illinois
Hi guys,
I just purchased a gently used 950. I will pair it with 3 B&K ST-140 amps to run 5 channel surround AND (hopefully) 4 speaker stereo. I do not currently have a subwoofer. My front speakers are JBL 4412 studio control monitors. My rears are JBL 4408 studio control monitors. My mid is a JBL 4401 studio control monitor (I might split the signal and run a second center channel speaker since I have an extra 4401 and have dedicated one amp to that channel anyway). My Question: Can I use the stereo bypass button to run a pure stereo signal to BOTH my fronts and rears? I used to always have a speakers A and speakers B stereo setup for four speaker two channel sound when I used a receiver. I thought about the second zone, but doesn't that prevent the rears from being used for my surround sound?
Looking forward to setting up my first audiophile quality seperate processor.

--Brian

#28529 - 12/04/06 11:41 AM Re: New user question
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
If I understand you, the goal is to run the same signal to the rears (surrounds) as to the main speakers. Doing that through wiring (either by splitting the pre-amp outputs, using an A/B speaker system such as that found on some receivers, or using the second zone for the surrounds) will prevent you from using the surrounds as surround speakers for other sources.

Here's a suggestion that might work well for you while also allowing you to have normal use of your surrounds: the 950's 5 Stereo mode. It will operate with your center as well as the fronts and surrounds, but aside from that it is going to behave the same as wiring your surrounds up to get the same signal as the fronts - and without complicating your cabling. It will work with any stereo analog or PCM digital source.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 264 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM