rumatt,

Can you recheck your post? Are you trying to say that the sub channel has a low-pass of 120 and the mains have a high pass of 110? It also sounds like you measured this in your listening room. Did you account for room effects?

For the 6 CH direct, we parsed out (when the 950 came out) that the sub channel has a 120 Hz low pass filter that prevents higher frequencies from going to the sub. This is only a problem for someone running a full range speaker from this channel and listening to a DVD-A that doesn't use this channel exclusively for a subwoofer. An example of such media is Fleetwood Mac, Rumors. There is snare drum and voice in the "subwoofer" channel. The Outlaw ICBM has a 150 LP filter on the sub.

It's been a long time since I've done this, but when I took measurements for the 950 in my system, I'm sure I didn't see the analog crossover rolloff begin until about 90 Hz in my listening room. I also don't remember observing a boost from the 950, though I did have to attenuate the sub channel due to the boost applied by my DVD player.

And yes, the analog input is 180 degrees out of phase on the sub channel.