It boils down to finding the best way to apply traditional bass management (which exists to maintain a balanced reproduction of input signal's full frequency range - from below 20Hz all the way to and even beyond 20,000Hz) to a system with pairs of 10" drivers in the mains and surrounds along with a pair of 15" subwoofer drivers. A 40Hz crossover point (or even a 60Hz crossover, potentially) and "small" speakers may allow the 10" drivers to still shake well while bringing the 15" drivers in. For that matter, it may yield more accurate results. The ESS AMT Monitor uses a similar Heil Air Motion mid/tweeter to MeanGene's AMT 3's (which I couldn't find specs on) and two 12" drivers instead of the 6.5" and two 10" drivers in MeanGene's speakers. The -3dB point for the AMT Monitors is listed at 30Hz, which is 10Hz shy of "true" full range. For comparison, that's the same -3dB point listed for my Paradigm's (which I have crossed over at 60Hz). MeanGene's speakers may have different specs, of course, but the info on ESS's site suggests to me that running the AMT3's as small with a low crossover point (40Hz or 60Hz) could yield a very satisfactory result when paired up with those 15" subs.