I guess what I don't understand in what input data type gets sent to which output?

For example: If you are playing a CD that is a stereo recording through a DVD palyer connected with both optical and analog connections, and there is a low frequency in the music, What signal will it get to the sub?

I seem to be pretty happy with watching a movie on DVD that has LFE. LOTR's is awesome, but when playing a stereo CD which does not have LFE encoded, it does not send anything to the sub even if the music has sub level data in it.

Maybe part of my problem is that I am using my DVD player for CD playing as well and they really need to be seperate? I think that everything I play in the DVD player is going through the optical cable causing the 950 to decode and redirect the data stream. Would I get better results if I were to configure the Outlaw to use the analog connection when playing a CD?

I don't think there is a simple answer here. Maybe someone has a spreadsheet that correlates Sub Output (Hz) with different audio formats (5 stereo, PLII, Dolby,..) and different system configurations (Main Large 40Hz, Sub on,...) that would give you an idea of what is happening.

It would be nice to know what's going where with any type setup.

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s