My system is setup where I would use the 950 and an M200 amplifer to center channel speaker, most of the time. This is for watching regular TV. The other amps and devices that are used for 5.1 are not on. The reason I do this is because the system as a whole can use more than what one 15A circuit could provide so it is split between two Panamax's each going to a dedicated 20A circuit. When I turn on the TV my 950 turns on which triggers the first Panamax to turn on the M200 and anything else I need for TV viewing. What I did to be able to run the other amps is to connect the second zone trigger to the second Panamax and use a macro on my MX500 remote control to turn it on. Even though there is nothing connected to zone two, the trigger still works and starts up all my other devices.

You could use this method to turn on your projector. I had to use one of the programmable M buttons on the bottom of the MX500 to use this feature, but I think you would be able to program the macro into one of the buttons that control video swittching on the 950 with an MX 700 or better remote. Someone with an MX700 would have to answer that. With the MX700 setup like this when you want to watch a movie with the projector and it wasn't on you would hold down the button for that device longer than two seconds and it would switch to that circuit and run the macro that would turn on zone two which would turn on your projector. Any other time you pressed that device button for a second it would just switch the circuit. The only problem with this is when you turn everything off the second zone does not get turned off, you would have to remember to turn it off before you shut everything down.

Some questions for you.

What type of projector is it?

Can the projector turn itself on and off through other means such as if it senses a video signal?

What kind of remote are you using?

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s