QQKLTB,

Sorry, I hijacked my own thread. As gonk knows (and what around here doesn't he know :p ) I have 7 M200's currently in music mode, so they turn on when they are fed a signal from my 950. With many DVDs there is little to no surround information. After 15 minutes my amps go into standby mode. This is even worse in the surround back channels.

There are a number of threads in the M200 forum about using the 12v volt trigger from the 950 to turn the M200's on and off. I actually found that I had a suitable cable and have it attached to my center channel amp. I find this a more elegant solution than the music mode. I belive gonk uses the 12v trigger on his 950 to control a power strip which turns on some of his equipment. An equally "elegant" solution.

Unfortunately solution to the ES/EX issue that this thread is really about is rather clumsy. With E.T. and many other matrix back channel encoded, put improperly flagged discs we'll have to manually switch processing, or leave our 950s in DD+CR-M or DTS+CR-M modes.