Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#271 - 10/10/01 06:49 PM Buzzing on center channel speaker
wilson328 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I recently bought a used Outlaw 1050 from EBay. I love the receiver, but I have noticed that my center channel emits a buzzing sound when I play DVD's. I have tried changing the speakers and the cabling, but nothing works. I am using the 1050 with Gallo Micro speakers and a Hsu VTF-2 subwoofer.

Have any of you had this buzzing problem? If this is a receiver defect, what are my options in terms of warranty repair/replacement? Thanks!

-Wilson

#272 - 10/10/01 06:51 PM Re: Buzzing on center channel speaker
wilson328 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Actually, let me clarify....it's not a buzzing I get on the center channel, -it's more of a static-y sound that seems to come and go.

#273 - 10/10/01 11:22 PM Re: Buzzing on center channel speaker
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Wilson328-
I recently noticed an intermittent hum in my front speakers, particularly the center channel. It was reminscent of a ground loop hum, sort of a white noise. What I have found is that it seems to be caused by the TV. Specifically, when the TV is on the center channel hums. The level of the hum varies some, but without fail once I turn off the TV it goes away. I haven't had a chance to try moving the speaker to fix it (my center channel sits directly on top of the TV), although I did move the speaker cables to not rest on the TV and found some improvement. Don't know if this will help you any or not in your case.

#274 - 12/08/01 03:42 PM Re: Buzzing on center channel speaker
Derrik Draven Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Lizards Breath Gultch, MT, USA
I had a very similar problem recently. My SVS16-46pc was humming very loudly. I could even hear it downstairs!

It simply ended up being the s-vid cable going from my DVD player to the 1050. The cable was resting on the back of the tv and, when the tv was on, damn was that hum loud. All I did was move the cable and, the hum is almost undetectable now.

You'd think a top of the line Monstercable would be shielded enough so that it wouldn't get that much interference from the boob tube?

Who's Online
0 registered (), 256 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM