Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
Personally, I think the whole bass management scheme is a load of junk that shouldn't have been foisted on the public. It was all done for economics so that small and cheap speakers that the wife would like could be made rather than full range jobs with real 12" or 15" woofers.

Dubbing theaters where movies are mixed do not use bass management.
Yes, man. But I really don’t understand why most women hate to see large speakers in the living room. That is really unreasonable. A wife should enjoy audio as much as her husband does. That is a happy marriage. If that is a problem, I would rather not marry. I think stay single will give you more freedom. For example, I don’t have to worry about kids, wife, family expenses and whole bunch of troublesome issues I could imagine of that would later come up in the marriage. I could do whatever I want to do. No restriction at all by the wife and family. But, that is just my opinion. Maybe I am just too young. What do you think, man?

By the way, in cinema they don’t use bass management for movie soundtrack playback either. A very powerful stage LCR channel setup will beat any wimpy 5.1 or even 7.1 that is improperly setup.