Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
An external crossover won't solve the bass routing problems that most people have, but the ICBM will.
No, man. This routing problem has been discussed before and it is not good. The best way is to avoid routing and using clean full range signal. Many people often say they can’t run their speakers full range (center, surround). I don’t understand why this is so difficult to do. All one needs to do is to find a powered subwoofer that has high level input and output level, or even better, internal Xover bypassing, that similar to this one , to do the passive bi-amping combo with their speaker. This method is also called "loudspeaker overlaping"

For example, if you want do a full range center. Just connect the full range center channel signal from the amplifier’s binding post to the LFM-1's High Level Inputs. Then, connect the high-level output terminals on the back of the LFM-1 back to your center channel speaker. Now, it is full range. This connection will let you run full range without using bass redirecting. You can also use this method for full range surround or any channel you feel like full range.

The best, buy yourself a an active Xover 24dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley active crossover from guitar center and connect it with your LFM-1 by flipping the switch on the back of LFM-1 to internal Xover bypassing mode for more precise fine tuning.

Before I upgraded into pure active Tri-amping, I use this connection for a while and it works great. The center channel would put out some serious bass like I experienced in cinema. No more hollow vocal; Just strong, well defined mid-bass.

The sub placement is also very easy. Just put it under your center channel speaker (many people put center channel above their TV) and between your front main.