Somewhat off-topic, (but I am a prospective 950 buyer)...
I've read much debate about cable lengths, and basically come to the conclusion that if long runs are necessary, it's best done with speaker cable than interconnects. My quandry is this: my room has an "electronics" closet in the rear/ side, away from the front speakers and projector screen. I had to make a choice about
1. keeping the pre/pro in the closet and running long interconnects to the separate monoblocks, or
2. keeping the monoblocks in the closet and running long speaker cable or,
3. placing the pre/pro in the front and running long interconnects to the rear amp.
I chose the latter because everyone warned me against long runs of either interconnects or cable(about 40 ft altogether after running up the wall, across the attic, down the wall, into the closet). I'm just wondering if that is really as important as some people indicate. I mean, how long must the wire runs be in a theatre, anyway?
My preference is #1, because it "cleans up" the room & eliminates a lot of component and wire clutter.

A bit more on-topic, why do so many folks stress over additional component outs (for future models)? I'd prefer to send the video direct to projector (or TV) and switch there without going through a pre/pro.

Also - is there any real usefulness to a Dolby headphone jack?

Thanks, Gonk for your great pre/pro comparison chart - it's a wealth of helpful information.