Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#26447 - 08/23/04 05:56 PM Wireless speakers on Zone Out!
M Conley Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Brigantine, NJ USA
New 950 owner here Happy as can be. Replaced Adcom GTP-760 after 4-5 years and some breakdowns. Anyhow when I first got the 950 I realized there was no headphone jack for the AR Wireless speakers....bummer? NOT!!! I read the manual and logic dictated that the AR wireless, having their own built in amp could easily be used as a second output for a sound source....plugged them in made a couple of adjustments and voila!! Ballgame on the deck and her jazz in the living room! man I am going to love this spectacular unit!

Mike

#26448 - 08/23/04 06:01 PM Re: Wireless speakers on Zone Out!
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I've got something similar here - an Advent outdoor wireless speaker that is hooked up to zone 2 so we can listen to radio or CD's or whatever on the deck or while doing yard work. We haven't used it a lot, but it's handy when we do use it. Glad to hear you're enjoying your 950!

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#26449 - 08/23/04 07:40 PM Re: Wireless speakers on Zone Out!
Raider Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, TN
I was planning on spending a LOT of time running wires from my 950 (upstairs) to my back patio for Zone 2 listening. Had not thought about wireless speakers. How well does that work and are there any limitations? Distance, line of sight, etc.

#26450 - 08/23/04 08:06 PM Re: Wireless speakers on Zone Out!
M Conley Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Raider:
I was planning on spending a LOT of time running wires from my 950 (upstairs) to my back patio for Zone 2 listening. Had not thought about wireless speakers. How well does that work and are there any limitations? Distance, line of sight, etc.

I have ARModel AW871 900 MHz wireless speakers. At any given time the speakers are about 60-70 ft from the transmitter and work near perfectly. Be aware that people are the biggest obstacles to the signal due to high H2O content of our bodies. I had to fiddle with the speakers volume adjustments to get good signal...don't ask why! I am happy with the performance of these speakers. Look for best deal on e-bay and DO invest in re-chargeable batts. Found good deal at starbatteries.com. Good luck

#26451 - 08/23/04 08:09 PM Re: Wireless speakers on Zone Out!
M Conley Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by M Conley:
I have ARModel AW871 900 MHz wireless speakers. At any given time the speakers are about 60-70 ft from the transmitter and work near perfectly. Be aware that people are the biggest obstacles to the signal due to high H2O content of our bodies. I had to fiddle with the speakers volume adjustments to get good signal...don't ask why! I am happy with the performance of these speakers. Look for best deal on e-bay and DO invest in re-chargeable batts. Found good deal at starbatteries.com. Good luck

An addendum: the 60-70 feet is thru walls, possibly a brick firewall and not in line of sight!
Mike

Who's Online
0 registered (), 239 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM