I've sat on the fence too long as well. So Friday morning I called up Outlaw and ordered myself a "B-Stock" unit for $504 shipped to my door. Should be here Monday.

I haven't gotten it yet but I've read hundreds if not thousands of reviews in pursuit of a new receiver. The amount of people who swear by the Outlaw 1050 alone is enough to make me risk the shipping cost to hear it in my system. I'm sure I'll be impressed.

I came to the conclusion that you get what you pay for. With the 1050, the money I've spent goes straight to the hardware and technology I'm purchasing. Higher quality parts and higher quality build. Much like everything else out there, you can find products in the same genre for less money, but they don't match up in class. If Onkyo can provide a product with so many features for such a cheap price corners must be cut somewhere.

If you buy a computer from Dell it would probably cost you a whole lot less than custom building one (as I do), but you're sacrificing your 'savings' for generic RAM, a generic motherboard, etc. I don't know the component makeup of the 1050 but this seems like simple logic to me.

I'd love to see Onkyo (or any other company for that matter) rely completely on consumer reviews to sell their product. I doubt they'd hold their own.