I purchased a 950 to replace my wonderful but increasingly obsolete Lexicon MC-1. The 950 looked like a steal, but, alas, again I learn that there is no free lunch (or cheap grub, in this case). If you're primarily interested in video and/or pop music reproduction, you would be nuts to spend more than the cost of a 950, but I must advise against it for anyone who listens to acoustic music performed in a hall environment. The 950 simply ignores this aspect of musical reproduction. I'm not talking DSP here as in "hall," "jazz club," etc., but the DSP that allows you to frequency contour and delay the surrounds and control steering within Dolby processing to recreate a good ambient experience. In short, do what Lexicon does. I was also disappointed that the 950 does not permit separate speaker distance calibration for surrounds and rear speakers and limits you to 1db level adjustments. Neither does it pass OSD through its component outputs, not that in its native state it has many parameters to view. It's good. It's just not good enough for me.