Quote:
Originally posted by shawnb16:
One of the reasons that I was leaning towards the P965 was the OSD display through the component outputs however I just read (I'll try to find the link)that all the new processors and recievers that upconvert all signals to component will display through component output but only at 480i, anything higher and no display, that includes volume. So if you're watching High Def or progressive scan DVD (which is 95% of my viewing) there is no OSD through component outputs.
Other than that I'm sure the Cirrus surround modes will do about the same job as DPLIIx. This leaves no real reason not to give the 950 an audition, especially when I can do the 950 and 7100 for about the price of the P965 alone. Off to the order page, I'll let you know how things work out.

i doubt this is true considering they have hd bandwidth, that would be pointless if they couldnt. my denon 3805 upconverts to component, perhaps ill try to pass progressive scan dvd or hdtv through it tomorrow. or maybe just read the manual :-). ill post again.