I'll throw in a couple comments about the P-965. I've had this thing for a month and I finally got around to hooking it up a few days ago. I have to say, since having a home theater since 1996, I now have the most incredible sound I have ever heard coming through my speakers. I can't get over the detail, accuracy and seperation of this thing. I've been playing my demo discs and hearing things I've never heard before.

I should also mention that this is the quietest pre/pro I have ever owned. I've never had an HT setup so hiss and hum free since my receiver days back in the mid 90's. There is literally no noise floor what so ever. I have to press my ear against my speaker cover to hear a little tinny tweeter hiss that stays constant no matter where the volume is set; and my Paradigms are very sensitive to noise.

I'll comment further once I use it more, and I'm only running five channels at the momment, so I can't say anything about the DPLIIx at this time.

Jeff

PS: In all fairness to the Outlaw guys, I haven't tried the 950. I came to the Saloon to read about the new Outlaw gear. My further comments about the P-965 will be on AVS.

[This message has been edited by Majestyk (edited May 24, 2004).]