Interesting solution, curegeorg. Once you’ve lived with the 3805 for a while, I’d be interested to know your likes and dislikes of it as a pre/pro. Compared with some of the features on the 3805, it does seem that the current 950 is showing its age. I’m not about to run out and replace my 950 tomorrow, but if the features on the 3805 draw enough consumer interest, perhaps Outlaw will include similar features on the next Outlaw pre/pro.

I'm curious, shawnb16: if deploying your screen means no equipment is visible, are you still able to control your equipment with remotes that rely on non-visible light transmission?

I seem to remember some gunslingers that connected an otherwise unused monitor to the composite output of the 950 for OSD viewing. A part of me might even like that better. Too often it seems that when I make a volume or other 950 adjustment, I’ve done so at just the wrong time to have an OSD pop up and hide some detail of what’s on screen. So my thought is: the main viewing area has no OSD; at the side or below, I set up a small monitor with the contrast and brightness set low enough to make the screen virtually black and not distracting in subdued lighting. When I actually change some parameter on the 950, then I could see the menu wherever I wanted to have the monitor placed. I suppose for this I wouldn’t want an old CRT monitor on and soaking up the watts – perhaps the most inexpensive, flat, low-wattage LCD direct-view monitor I can find? I could also have POOP instead of PIP if I wanted, depending on what was routed via the composite side while the component was being used for the main screen. (Picture-Outside-Of-Picture … who’s laughing?) Then again, POOP might be a distraction if it was visible while trying to watch the main screen.

OK - Shutting up now, sir.

[This message has been edited by bestbang4thebuck (edited April 29, 2004).]