I appreciate your help.

I did what you recommended but I'm still getting distorted signals to the mains unless I'm in Bypass mode. In any other mode I get clear C speaker signals, but only an occasional distorted signal to the mains.

Optical 1 has my HDTV Receiver hooked up to it. It also is not working. Nothing is - not even the Tuner - unless I'm in Bypass.

I switched the DVD to Optical 3 but it didn't work either.

I've had this system with no problems for a year - then came the button pusher. This past Monday I telephone Outlaw and the guy had me try different stuff and we got it working. My visitor played XBox and I'm not sure what else and now it's not working again. I've tried to simulate what the Outlaw guy had me do but I'm unable to recollect the series he went through.

He said some kind of power surge could have interrupted the circuitry - or something like that. He started talking "binary" stuff and I knew I was in over my head.

Anyway, the bottom line is the mains are not getting proper signals from the 950. The connections are all the same, less the XBox, so the solution is some how massaging the internal circuitry. And I'll put the XBox back in when the visitor is gone - my kid in between homes. I'll lock up my remotes while he's here - that will solve part of the problem.

Any other ideas?
Sharp Aquos - LC46E77UN
DirecTV - HD DVR
Mains - Paradigm Studio 80's
Surround - Paradigm ADP-470v-3's
Sub - Paradigm Seismic 12
Center - Paradigm CC-470
Outdoor - Paradigm Style 470's