I get a hum from any device connected to the 950, including the sub that runs directly to it, before the ICBM. (I'm running w/ 2 ICBM's, the first is a modded magnapan edition that I'm using as a active biamp xover in stereo mode. I have caps installed in main channels like the center channel that allow the doubling of the freq xover. So my maggie center xover is at 160hz, to the bass panels of the mains. The mains xover at 240hz. The second ICBM is stock and xover is for 80 and 100hz for my rear maggies to a rear sub. I have the 950 set up on all small and 40hz, so a HSU sub handles below 40 and LFE)
I see the fault in the low level RCA cables, and I use outlaw and top RS cables (w/ twisted pairs and Ferrite cores) I put cheater plugs on each of the 3 amps (nak 7a, outlaw 755, crown 300a) and the subs and buzz goes away. Thing is, I can hear my local CB/2meter radio guy now.
I have noticed that there is no ground pin on the 950's AC cable plug. Do new 950's have a 3 wire plug? Has anyone tried grounding the 950? I thought maybe it needs to float otherwise the oulaws would have provided a ground...just don't know.
I know I've seen this posted on before, but I've only seen cheater plugs as the solution, and a isolation transformer on the wall worts. (I will be doing that, along with ferrite cores on those little dc lines, but this is coming from the 950)
Any experiance would be appriciated...