SH, I find you knowledgable and have always agreed with your posts. Here, however, we differ. I never believed in "break-in" of electronics. I could never tell the difference between a Sansui and a Sony, a Pioneer or a Yamaha. As long as they were not driven to clipping, they all sounded the same. Then I bought an NAD (a loooong time ago) and realized that some electronics sounded better than others.

I still did not believe in "break-in" until the 950 came along. I did not measure response when I got it. When it first arrived, however, I was a bit concerned that it was brighter than the NAD. I could absolutely hear a difference, and I did not like it. I listened for a few days (and just so you know...I am one of those guys who never turns off equipment. Most of my equipment was well over 15 years old and still worked great, so the idea that electronics should be left on so as not to heat up and cool down as much seems to work for me). As I listened, the sound did change. It got smoother and sweeter, while staying very articulate. Could the change be measured? Probably not. Did I hear it? yes. Was it just me getting used to the sound? I highly doubt it as when I got it it seemed bright compared to the NAD. Now it just sounds cleaner, but not shrill or bright like it did at first.

I have been an audio nut for really over 30 years, as before I was 10 years old I used to sit in the basement and listen to everything from Edgar Winter to UFO to Dylan to Fleetwood Mac and Journey on my older brother's separates system. By the time I was 12 I had earned enough to buy my first stereo, a Sony/Technics/Akai system with EPI speakers. In only a few years I had moved to NAD, Nakamichi and Klipsch. I had never experienced "break-in" until the 950. I am sure that it did improve during the fisrt few days.

I guess what I am saying is that I respectfully disagree. By the way...12ga Carol in'wall speaker wire for $.19/ft works as well as any expensive cable, as does Rat Shack Gold interconnects. At least I have never heard a difference.