Thanks to Gonk for helping to start the repopulation of my entertainment center. His 1050 fits in there nicely. He also set me up with some of his old cables. I have been using out-of-the-box cables with my 15-year-old Pioneer receiver. The combination of the new cables and cleaner amp makes my 14-year-old Pioneer cartridge CD changer and equally old AAL speakers sound like they have never sounded before. Since I got the audio/video bug and have been auditioning mid to high-end equipment, I can really hear what is missing from my old system. By the time I'm done with the new system, I'll be able to feel what is missing from my wallet! The changer and the speakers will be in the attic by next weekend - I am
expecting a pair of pretty respectable main speakers and a nice DVD changer on my doorstep this week. By the end of next weekend I should be able to comment on the sweet sounds of the 1050. Then comes the new amp and the new dipole surrounds and the new high-mass speaker stands and the new speaker wire and the new subwoofer…… and the new... and the new... Yikes!

For now, the 1050 gets two thumbs up for making the rest of my my pitfull equipment sound nice - even if only for a week. At the end of the weekend, I'll post again with second impressions of the 1050 - this time with good equipment on the input and output ends.

Gonk - Just in case your curious - I saw the eBay item first and then ran to the Saloon to check for a FS post. It was only then that I realized (thanks to Bill in Texas) that the eBay auction was yours. I’ve been searching E-Bay for a 1050 for a few weeks. I got luck on Friday. Thanks for the smooth transaction. I enjoyed the quick listen to your system!

------------------
cheers,

Marc

Marc