Greetings and thanks for all the help. I have found I finally have a few minutes tonight to take it easy for a minute, and will play with the system after a nice stiff drink!

Anyway, in last week's episode our hero (me) was having trouble with the Denon 5900's analog 5.1 outputs to the Outlaw 950. The sound from the sub on DVD-A and SACD was woefully inadequate. I have looked in the denon manual. and found that the BASS ENHANCER setting is not aptly named. When the setting is OFF, there is NO SOUND is produced from the subwoofer with the 5.1 analog outs! I guess by enhancing nothing you could call it an "enhancement," (a la "How do you define the word "it"? - but enough politics). Tonight, I will leave the enhancement selection to ON so I willhave analog sub output, and will try 5.1 analog with the bass management feature of the Outlaw 950 in both positions. I have done this briefly, and seem to have low sub output anyway (to the tune of having to increase the trim of the sub to +10db).

I do appreciate all the time and effort you guys are putting in, and it was one of the reasons I went with the Outlaw gear. You guys are its best salesmen.

Mike
Mirage HDT Speaker System (LCR [OM-5s for L&R and HDT-F for center], SR, SL, SBR, SBL [HDT-Rs])
Dual SVS PB12-Plus Subs
Outlaw Audio Model 7900 Power Amp w/Dual Emotiva CMX-2
AudioControl BijouTM THX� Equalizer
Rega RP1 Turntable
Dual Panamax M5300-PM Power Conditioners
Dual Monster Power HTS 2500 Power Conditioners
Dual Monster Power HDP 1800 Power Conditioners
Clearplay Blu-ray Player
Motorola VIP1200 HD cable receiver
Logitech Harmony Elite Remote