First post on this site, really enjoyed the site so far.

Question:

Was pretty close to purchasing a Denon 4802R but bailed on the last minute to consider seperates once again.

I have heard the Rotel & Adcom but never side by side with the Denon and never on the same speakers, so it was never a slam dunk on what to go with. But the Rotel and Adcom never impressed me enough to focus on seperates exclusively.

I like the Denon but it is more expensive and I don't like the idea of spending more than I have to to get THX Ultra 2 and a bunch of Home Theater stuff.

Don't get me wrong I love great movie soundtracks, but car chases and shotgun blasts aren't going to bring tears to my eyes the way good vinyl can.

I want to buy one system and I want it to play movies great, but I don't want to sacrifice 2 channel analog quality (within reason I am not spending more than 2-3 K on receiver or seperates).

Bottom line....Will the outlaw combo 950 and 7100 wow me in 2 channel stereo? Vinyl and CD?

other componets:

Music Hall 7
Mirage OM 7

I will be adding the matching Mirage OMC2 and OMR2 and a sub (haven't decided yet)

Had old Marantz pre/power circa 1970 and it fried up, everything else has been in storage until I got settled into my home.

Now it's time to buy.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.