Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#24992 - 12/30/03 04:15 PM Drop outs due to static...
Bummeout Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Downers Grove, IL
Hey folks....I hope some one can lend me a hand. I've had the 950/7100 set up for about 1/2 year now. I love it!!! There is only one thing that I can't figure out. Now that we are in the DRY mid-western winter time....anytime I touch a light switch or plug anything into another electrical outlet in my theater room, my audio drops out for about 2 seconds and then restores. I don't hear any clicking or switching from the unit when this happens. Is this some type of grounding issue??? What can I do to resolve it. Thanks in advance for your advice.

#24993 - 01/22/04 05:24 PM Re: Drop outs due to static...
atillo Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I had the same problem with my 950's. I tried 2 of them. I never had the problem with Onkyo receivers or sony receivers in my system. I tried 2 different 950's loved the sound could not stand the dropouts. I sent the 950's back and got an HK 325, guess what I had the same problem. It only happens through the digital coaxial connection. If you can switch to optical it will stop. I had to stay with coaxial digital connection I stopped it on the HK by running my coaxial digital output to my panamax surge suppressor then to the the HK. It stopped it for 99% of the time. I can now count on one hand the number of dropouts due to static. This may work for you good luck.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 248 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM