I am not someone that would recommend that anyone waste time, effort or money chasing that which will not satisfy.

Two comments ...

If cost of the mods "needed" to arrive at a satisfactory result comes close to, or even exceeds, the cost of the original device, then perhaps the parts of the original that would remain would not be worthy. Perhaps better to spend $8000.00 on something you will be totally satisfied with than $800.00 plus $800.00 or more to arrive at something not satisfactory? I'm only "philosophizing" because I'm not one that would be spending that way.

If that kind of spending is something within reason for you, then spending a bit on shipping, should you try the 950, not find it satisfactory and wish to return it, would be no problem at all. But do the research necessary to determine all the problems the purveyors of mods have found with the 950 first, because, if you are convinced that such mods would be necessary to bring satisfaction, then perhaps the 950 is not for you. Then again, perhaps the 950, which has pleased so many of us, would be just right.